Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Start of the Hellish Week

I think I beginning a hellish week... Is it just because it is the start of the year and that everyone is up to their toes to meet the demands of the pending work left from the very long December holidays and Billed Volume Challenging is here once again.... it is a month of setting targets and coming up with the best justification for the targets set...

Yesterday, I was just at the office... doing the targets for the team... I was rushing all of it because Sir Lawrence took a half day off because his kiddo Kevin is having a hellish cough because of the cold weather...so I took over doing all of it... we have to get it back to our immediate boss so I have to rush it leaving lunch unattainable... hays... good thing, I ate heavy breakfast before going to work... so I haven't really felt hungry until 4PM.

The targets I passed were then asked to be revised.. it was too high as my boss says... so I did a few bargaining with my teammates which took most of my time in the afternoon... so I haven't done any of the piled work...

Today, everything went fine.. I attended the quarterback and when I was out, I continued on the revision of the targets. Lunch came I went to the Makati BA with Sir Nestor and Ma'am Pat... afterwhich I waited for Sir Lawrence to be back at the BA so that I could endorse a customer to him... they went out for lunch with the other guys...

And after doing the above, Kuya Rene and I went on field... it was maybe only about 30 minutes when Sir Mar called me to go back to the BA since there was a customer I need to talk to...

And when I came back, a very very irate customer faced me...

And she was angry because I didn't go to her place to check on her meter and her network... she was billed even if they were out of the country for 3 months and she suspects that the readings of our Meter Reader is ficticious...

She told me, "We are your customers, without us, you won't have salary... Kami ang nagbibigay ng sweldo niyo...If you could not do your job, you better quit." right in front of my boss and some of my colleagues..

I didn't try to defend myself... I'm not really used to join in with someone else's anger...and I'm not used to be tongue lashed.... So I just kept quiet and kept my cool... after the conversation we proceeded to her place for the inspection that she needs... after a few minutes I was done... although i keep on telling myself that i am ok, deep in me, I have never felt bad and degraded by someone who I didn't know and who didn't have the right to do so... but I told myself, that this is all just part of the job... yeah right!?!

After a few minutes, I was disturbed by the non-stop text messages I kept on receiving. So I proceeded to the area reported to be having no water... and found out that one of our pipes were hit by a backhoe of the contractors doing the drainage in the AFPOVAI. Argh!!! Breakage at 3PM... so I guess I'm doing overtime with no pay later as I could not leave the place with the mainline unrepaired...

So the usual operation, I called on a contractor and I told my boss regarding the status of the area... after 2 hours or so or pacifying the customers of why they have a poor pressure to the point that they don't have water, Richard, the head of the contractor came... I was about to get angry since they have to respond to the site ASAP but he brought no one along...it was almost 6 when his people came but we waited a little more for the materials from the stockyard in San Juan. Waiting time was about 3 hours but the job was only done in about 20 minutes...

Good thing, the contractor was used to doing such work... What was so frustrating was the mobiliation and of course the traffic... they can't be at the site in the shortes time possible... =)

I was out of the site by 7pm!!!

So today, it seems that I started the week in hell... but there was a man sworn to office today, starting his presidency in hell...as the US and the whole world awaits for change and hope, I hope he comes out in victory... believing that a representive from the minority can help and make miracles... Yes we can!

No comments: