Thursday, August 04, 2016

Chilli Shrimp Scampi

I have been in a pasta frenzy for the past 2 days and with the leftover linguine still in the ref, I checked into google of other pasta recipes. Thank you Jamie Oliver and Laura Vitale, I stumbled upon their videos on shrimp scampi. Because hubs wants it a little bit hot and spicy, I whipped Chilli Shrimp Scampi and here goes:



Ingredients
1/2 kg medium sized shrimps
2 tbsp EVOO
1/3 cup butter
1/4 cup white wine
1 tsp chilli flakes
8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
bunch of parsely, finely chopped
250 g pasta

Instuctions
1. Cook pasta using package instruction. Drain and then coat with 1 tbsp EVOO for the pasta not to clump. 
2. In a separate pan, heat remaining EVOO. 
3. Add in butter and cook until all butter is melted.
4. Cook shrimp until slightly pink, about 1 minute in each side.
5.  Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. 
6. Put in chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Add parsely.
7. Add white wine. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
8. Add in the cooked pasta. Mix. Make sure to coat pasta with mixture.

Serve with additional parsely on top.


*I was not able to find parsely in the supermarket so I omited it.

I also devein the shrimps so that I could share the dish with hubs. He is usually allergic to shrimps when it is cooked without deveining it.

How to Devein Shrimps
1. Hold the body firmly, then pull the head downward.
2. Take the remaining shell off until the tail.
3. Take a knife and cut through the middle of the to reveal the vein.
4. Pull the vein.



No comments: