I grow up loving Reese's peanut butter cups. So after finding a recipe mimicking the famous dessert, I thought, why not do it and fulfill a craving.
So here goes the recipe:
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate, chopped coarsely
1/4-1/2 cup all purpose cream
1 tbsp melted butter
Salt to taste
1. Combine peanut butter, butter and salt in a microwable bowl. Set the microwave on high and soften the mixture for 30 seconds. Make sure the mixture is not melted.
2. Stir in the confectioner's sugar and set aside.
3. Melt the chocolate in a double broiler. Add all purpose cream and the 1 tbsp butter.
4. Spoon melted chocolate into lined cupcake or macaroons tins, whichever size you wish. Follow with the peanut butter mixture and finish off with the chocolate.
5. Refrigerate until hard and ready to serve.