Monday, July 20, 2009

Choosing Work over the Bed. Wrong Choice.

I should have stayed in bed. Never wake up. Sleep for eternity.

I have thought of not reporting to work, just send a “I’m sorry” message and then lay there till my stomach churns for food. It is quite possible. I’ll just pretend to be sick and take advantage of the goodness of the old white man. But thinking of my need for coliform abundant water for our lab project made me do my early morning routine. I was late though, the usual effect of the empty reasons for going to work.

And now as I sit here in my cubicle, with Ma’am Edna absent and Frank unsure if he’s coming in, Im thinking, I should have stayed in bed!!! Right this minute, I’m thinking of how much sleep I have deprived myself in exchange of coming in to work. But at the end of it, I still need to get that damn water, and attend my class at 6PM.

No comments: