Monday, April 30, 2012

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

I used to make choco chip oatmeal cookies even without an oven.  With just an oven toaster, I often whip this delectable treat for my family and friends.  So yesterday, because I miss munching on my favorite cookies, I made a batch to give into my cravings.

DSC_7605 

So here is the recipe of oatmeal cookies of which you could use to make for you friends and families.

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 cups oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 325 F or 165 C.
2. Cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar in a large bowl, until smooth.  Beat in eggs one at a time, and then stir in vanilla.
3.  In a separate bowl, sift and combine flour, baking soda and salt.
4.  Stir into the creamed butter-sugar mixture. Blend well.
5.  Add oats and chocolate chips.  Mix very well.
6.  With a spoon, drop a generous amount of the batter in an ungreased baking sheet.  Shape into flat circles.
8.  Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown in the preheated oven.  Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments: