Today, we arrived at the store with one of our staff saying, "Manang, may sala gid ko sa imo" (Sister, I did something wrong). I kept on guessing her fault with no avail until she confessed that she left the gas range open with the stove still on, overnight. I have a section at the store that sells burgers, fishballs, french fries and the like. And she was assigned in that section the other day. When the whole First Shift Team opened Raji Mart yesterday, the store was full of smoke because the burner was on all night. We were too blessed the store didn't burn in flames, else, I am now a pauper, stressed on how to pay the goods as half of the items at the store are still on loan with the suppliers. Also, we are only renting, we may get sued for negligence or if there would be injuries, we will be required to take care of all of it. So, yeah, I am so blessed and grateful that amidst all that was, Raji Mart is still running.
I didn't get angry nor give a reprimand for the negligence of my staff. I was too overwhelmed with the blessing. Ron gave her a 3-day suspension as penalty and to teach her a lesson she'll never forget. She agreed right away as she knew it was her fault in the first place. No bad words said, unlike the movies.
As for my team, it was a lesson to be careful all the more. Negligence is a no - no if we still want Raji Mart operational and them having work to feed mouths. As for me, I still have to save up for an insurance for the store for unforeseen like this. But for now, I only have You, Lord, to save me and the store from all the troubles. Thank you po!