It is hard not to give in to cravings. And since last week, I can't stop thinking of cheesecakes, my favorite cake. I had the chance to visit the local grocery and so I packed on some ingredients for a cheesecake.
Because I still don't have an oven (I'm still saving for it!!!), I decided to try on the no bake cheesecake. I love the outcome of the cake. I would still opt for the baked ones if given the chance, but for those without an oven, this would still hit the spot. I shared this with Ron's family, and I was in the spotlight because of this sweet treat.
Below are the ingredients and the steps in making a no-bake cheesecake. It goes perfectly well with any kind canned fruit. I made mine with strawberries!
1 1/2 cup graham crackers crumbs
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese
2 tsp lemon juice
250 ml all purpose cream
1/3 cup white sugar
1 can fruit pie filling (cherry, strawberry, or blueberry)
1. Stir together crust ingredients in a bowl. Press into the bottom of the 8 or 10 in springform pan. Chill until firm.
2. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature. Beat together cream cheese and lemon juice until soft. Add all purpose cream and beat until batter is thick. Add the sugar and continue beating until stiff.
3. Pour batter into chilled crust. Even out the batter.
4. Top with canned fruit pie filling.
5. Chill for 8 hours minimum or overnight.
6. Remove the sides of the springform pan just before serving.