Monday, January 25, 2010

Perks with Sugartown

I have lived in our Manila home for almost 4 years already.  During my last year in college, when all of my barkada at the dorm graduated, I decided to venture out on my own.  Ellainne and I started to live in the extension area of the house while the rest of it was being rented out.  Then Mel came to Manila for college.  Since the space we are occupying at the back is only good for 2 persons, I requested Ellainne to move out.

We grabbed the opportunity to transfer in the main house and occupy the whole of it when our tenant was ejected by my mother.  We are actually suffering with our expenses (which is divided between the two houses fairly but we are outnumbered in terms of heads and appliances).

After so many troubles, i began to realize how lucky we are at Sugartown.  During Typhoon Ondoy, we felt nothing except the loss of power and water.  No floods threatened our place.  And just today, while I was on my way home, while the rest of Batasan is suffering a black out, we at Sugartown have all our lights on...

So maybe, we are lucky to be here...it may be small, not extravagant, yet we are safe and the utilities are reliable... : )

No comments: